Two significant disruptions of METRO service will occur in November and December along the Red and Orange Lines (impacts on Silver Line as well). Maintenance schedules can change; it is advisable to check the WMATA website at http://www.wmata.com/rail/safetrack.cfm.
Red Line: October 29 through November 22, 2016.
- Line segment shutdown between NoMa & Fort Totten from October 29 through November 22, 2016.
- Red Line trains will run in two segments: Shady Grove to NoMa every 6 minutes and Glenmont to Fort Totten every 10 minutes
- Two stations will be closed: Brookland-CUA and Rhode Island Ave
- Shuttle buses will replace trains between NoMa and Fort Totten
- Expect crowding on all trains due to less frequent Red Line service
- Green Line provides alternate path for travel between Fort Totten and Gallery Place
- Red Line customers should consider alternate travel options and avoid traveling during rush-hour periods if possible; expect trains to be extremely crowded
Orange Line: November 28 through December 21, 2016.
SafeTrack Surge #11: East Falls Church to West Falls Church
- Orange Line trains will continuously single track between West Falls Church and East Falls Church from November 28 through December 21, 2016.
- Orange Line trains will run every 16 minutes between Vienna and New Carrollton
- Additional Orange Line trains will run from East Falls Church to New Carrollton
- Silver Line trains will run every 16 minutes
- Expect crowding on Orange/Silver line trains
- Orange/Silver customers should consider alternate travel options and travel outside of rush-hour periods if possible